Despite its chilly weather and barren landscapes, wintertime has inspired some of the most magical and heartwarming stories in history. This season of celebration, frost and snow, religion, tradition, and adventure has produced such holiday classics as Clement Moore’s 'Twas the Night Before Christmas, and such colorful tales as the account of a pre-Christmas Posada parade in Mexico City. Brand: Taschen Fiber Content: Hardcover
Great Retreats Yoga is for those looking for a tranquil vacation or restorative retreat. In this hardcover book, you'll learn about the most inspirational yoga retreats around the world, from a luxury hotel in Bhutan to a spiritual ashram in India, a farmhouse in Tuscany to a beach resort in Mexico. 320 pages. 8.75" x 11". Imported.
Marking the 50th anniversary of its original publication, this powerful book documents Peter Beard's two-decade-long research on the overpopulation and starvation of elephants, rhinos, and hippos in Africa. Accompanied by gripping photographs, the reader gains insight about the damage done to these animal populations due to human intervention. By Peter Beard. Foreword by Paul Theroux. Published by Taschen. (December 2, 2015.) Hardcover with slipcase. 292 pages. 12.00" length x 10.75" width x 1.50" height (approximately). ISBN: 9783836555470.
Tracing surfing culture from the first recorded European contact in 1778 by Captain James Cook to the global and multi-platform phenomenon the sport is today, this hardcover book brings together more than 900 images accompanied by essays by the world's top surf journalists to celebrate the sport on and off water. By Jim Heimann. 592 pages. 13" x 19.5". Imported.
* Promo codes do not apply to this product, due to the brand's request.GREATEST OF ALL TIME: A TRIBUTE TO MUHAMMAD ALI is a book with the power, courage, depth, creativity, and dazzling energy of its extraordinary subject. With thousands of images, including photography, art, and memorabilia and two gatefold sequences, this epic publication pays vivid tribute to The Greatest both in and outside of the ring. More Details Original essays and five decades' worth of interviews and writing explore the courage, convictions, and extraordinary image-building that made Ali one of the most recognizable and inspirational individuals on the planet, an icon not only as an extraordinary athlete, but also as an impassioned advocate of social justice, interfaith understanding, and peace. Restrictions: Promotions cannot be applied to this product. Product Dimensions: H 7.0 Centimeters x W 20.0 Centimeters x L 20.0 Centimeters Product Code: V176000344440
1000 Record Covers: This edition of Record Covers presents a selection of the best rock album covers of the 60s to 90s from music archivist, disc jockey, journalist, and former record-publicity executive Michael Ochs enormous private collection. Both a trip down memory lane and a study in the evolution of cover art, this is a sweeping look at an underappreciated art form. Published May 15, 2014. Hardcover. 576 pages Measurements: 5.5" x 7.75" " origin="Hong Kong"
* Promo codes do not apply to this product, due to the brand's request.This Collector's Edition of Muller's images brings the best of his shark shots together in a stunning portfolio of adrenaline and awe. Arranged geographically, it follows Muller's ocean adventures from black tip and sand tiger sharks in South Africa to great hammerheads in the Bahamas and the first known photograph of a great white breaching at night. Thrilling narratives from each trip document the challenges and near-misses along the way. More Details The book is presented in its own metal cage, conceived by Muller to allow readers an even more vivid sense of his underwater encounters, as if they themselves were diving down to face the sharks. Each cage is individually distressed to reflect the effects of time and salt water. To compliment Muller's work for advocacy organizations such as WildAid and EarthEcho, his photographs are contextualized with essays from Philippe Cousteau Jr. and marine biologist Alison Kock, who discuss exploration and conservation of our oceanic kingdom. Culture writer Arty Nelson adds an overview of Muller's work, while a technical section explains the precise equipment behind these spectacular shots. Restrictions: Promotions cannot be applied to this product. Product Dimensions: H 8.0 Inches x W 15.0 Inches x L 20.0 Inches Product Code: V176000344492
* Promo codes do not apply to this product, due to the brand's request.Signed by all four members of the Rolling Stones, this collector's edition book charts the band's remarkable history and outrageously cool lifestyle in over 500 pages of photographs and illustrations, many previously unseen, and gathered from archives all over the world. Unprecedented access to the Rolling Stones' own archives in New York and London adds an equally extraordinary, more private side to their story. For Mick, Keith, Charlie, and Ronnie, this is their official photographic record. More Details This SUMO-sized hardcover in a clamshell box includes 500 pages of incredible images from some of the world's greatest photographers, including David Bailey, Peter Beard, Cecil Beaton, Bob Bonis, Anton Corbijn, Annie Leibovitz, Gered Mankowitz, Helmut Newton, Norman Parkinson, Bent Rej, and Ethan Russel, plus a foreword written by President Bill Clinton. Three new essays from award-winning writers David Dalton, Waldemar Januszczak, and Luc Sante. Appendix including Stones in the media, a Stones timeline, a discography, and photographers' biographies Restrictions: Promotions cannot be applied to this product. Product Dimensions: H 10.0 Inches x W 25.0 Inches x L 25.0 Inches Product Code: V176000353137
* Promo codes do not apply to this product, due to the brand's request.This TASCHEN Collector's Edition, initiated and conceived by Midori Kitamura, offers an expert history of Issey Miyake design. Presented in an original MIYAKE-designed book bag, the book traces Miyake's texture-driven originality from the earliest days of his career, when he first expressed his commitment to clothing as a field for enduring design rather than changing fashions. Collector's Edition of 1,000 numbered copies, each with Miyake's own “inkan”. More Details The designer: Renowned clothing designer Issey Miyake studied graphic design at Tama Art University, Tokyo, before founding the Miyake Design Studio in 1970, Miyake's creative base for all his work. In 2007, Miyake opened the design facility 21_21 DESIGN SIGHT, also in Tokyo. The editor: Midori Kitamura is president of the Miyake Design Studio and 21_21 DESIGN SIGHT, working under Issey Miyake to develop collections, exhibitions, products, and publications, including Issey Miyake Pleats Please, also with TASCHEN. Kitamura directed the 2011 exhibition, Irving Penn and Issey Miyake: Visual Dialogue. The author: Kazuko Koike is the head of MUJI's Laboratory of Superior Items for Living and founder and former director of the Sagacho Exhibit Space in Tokyo. She has written and edited many books, including Issey Miyake East Meets West, Japanese Coloring, Japan Design, and Aura of Space. The photographer: Yuriko Takagi was born in Tokyo and studied graphic design at Musashino Art University and fashion design in England before becoming a photographer. She specializes in images of the human body and clothing and exhibits widely. Her publications include Nus intimes (Yobisha) and In and Out of Mode (Gap Japan). Technical Specifications: Hardcover in a book bag, designed by Issey Miyake, 36 x 36 cm (14.2 x 14.2 in.), 514 pages Restrictions: Promotions cannot be applied to this product. Product Dimensions: H 8.0 Inches x W 20.0 Inches x L 20.0 Inches Product Code: V176000352520
National Geographic: USA: Travel through time and across the country with this state-by-state tour of the United States over the past 100 years. Following on from the critically acclaimed National Geographic: Around the World in 125 Years, the volume brings together more than 700 captivating images from the magazine's illustrious archives to chart a century of change and growth from Alabama to Wyoming. Published December 29, 2016. Hardcover, 2 vols. in slipcase. 964 pages Measurements: 11" x 15.5" " origin="Italy"
Bitten by a radioactive spider, ordinary teen Peter Parker takes on the mantle of Spider-Man and sets off on a quest to rid New York City of bad guys. More than 50 years since his web-slinging debut, he's become the most popular superhero in the world! This tribute to everyone's favorite web-head features 192 pages of battles with one of the best rogues galleries in comics. 4.9"W x 6.6"D x 0.6"T. 192 pages. Paper. Imported.
* Promo codes do not apply to this product, due to the brand's request.A Bigger Book, TASCHEN's SUMO-sized David Hockney monograph, is as spectacular in format as it is in scope. In it, the artist takes stock of more than 60 years of work, from his teenage days at the Bradford School of Art, through his breakthrough in 1960s Swinging London, life by Los Angeles pools in the 1970s, up to his recent extensive series of portraits, iPad drawings, and Yorkshire landscapes. More Details Never before has Hockney's oeuvre been published on such an astonishing and immersive scale. As each page unfurls in a blaze of blues, pinks, greens, and oranges, we are spellbound both by the artist's vibrancy as a colorist and his extraordinary sense of the conditions of the world that surrounds us. Through Hockney's restless interrogation of perception and representation, we witness the mellow sheen of light on a muddy Yorkshire puddle, the ochre enormities of A Bigger Grand Canyon, the rustic majesty of Bigger Trees near Warter, and, of course, A Bigger Splash, with the exquisite sparkle of a turquoise pool beneath an iridescent California sky. These major paintings are joined by the artist's drawings, photo-composites, multi-perspective collages, stage designs, multi-camera video works, and iPad drawings, each a panoply of looking and showing in different styles and media. Hockney himself is present in every aspect of the publication. He collaborated closely through all production stages and conceived of this book as a purely visual survey of more than 450 works prefaced by a handwritten programmatic statement. As an artist who rarely looks back, the vast volume is as much his own personal review as it is a definitive record for art lovers all over the world. "I don't tend to live in the past," he comments, "Working on this book, I see quite how much I have done." This was featured in our Mother's Day Gift Guide as a unique gift idea. Check out our other great picks for Mother's Day here. Restrictions: Promotions cannot be applied to this product. Product Dimensions: H 10.0 Inches x W 26.0 Inches x L 43.0 Inches Product Code: V176000344368
'A Different Vision on Fashion Photography' celebrates four decades of photography by Peter Lindbergh. Written by Thierry-Maxime Loriot, this hardcover book is filled with breathtaking illustrations and thoughtful anecdotes by icons including Jean-Paul Gaultier, Nicole Kidman and Grace Coddington. It's an inspirational insight into the extraordinary world of fashion and female beauty. -- 472-page hardcover book - Published: 2016 - Publisher: Taschen America - ISBN: 978-3-8365-5282-0
* Promo codes do not apply to this product, due to the brand's request.Designed in collaboration with Giovanni Bianco, this Limited Edition explores the unique vision of a creative partnership that has defined and redefined standards for glamour, fashion, and luxury. Approximately 300 images from the megawatt Mert and Marcus portfolio are accompanied by an introduction by Charlotte Cotton. More Details Mert Alas, born in Turkey, and Marcus Piggott, born in Wales, met in 1994, at a party on a pier in Hastings, England. Piggott asked Alas for a light, the pair got talking, and rapidly discovered they had plenty in common, not least a love of fashion. Three years later, the duo now known as Mert and Marcus had moved into a derelict loft in East London, converted it into a studio, and had their first collaborative photographic work published in Dazed & Confused. These days, Mert and Marcus shape the global image of such renowned brands as Giorgio Armani, Roberto Cavalli, Fendi, Miu Miu, Gucci, Yves Saint Laurent, Givenchy and Lancôme, and public figures including Lady Gaga, Madonna, Jennifer Lopez, Linda Evangelista, Gisele Bündchen, Björk, Angelina Jolie, and Rihanna. Their photographs encompass a wide range of styles and influences but are renowned particularly for their use of digitized augmentation of images, and a fascination for strong, sexually charged, confident female subjects: “powerful women, women with a meaning, a you-don’t-have-to-talk-or-move-too-much-to-tell-who-you-are kind of woman.” Technical Specifications: Hardcover in clamshell box, 31.5 x 42 cm (12.4 x 16.5 in.), 408 pages, Restrictions: Promotions cannot be applied to this product. Product Dimensions: H 16.5 Inches x W 6.0 Inches x L 12.4 Inches Product Code: V176000364127
Explore the vast brilliance of one of the greatest artists of all time, Michelangelo. This exquisite tribute includes a four-part inventory of his paintings, sculptures, buildings, and drawings and features enlarged details allowing the reader to appreciate some of the finest details of the artist's creations. 10.5"W x 2.75"D x 15.5"T. 736 pages. Hardcover.
Brought together by comics icons Stan Lee and Jack Kirby, the Avengers are the super-team to beat all super-teams! Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, Ant-Man, Wasp, and the Hulk were the first, but many heroes have served since then. This is your definitive guide to the greatest Avengers moments! 4.9"W x 6.6"D x 0.6"T. 192 pages. Paper. Imported.
Hardcover book, First Edition published by Taschen, entitled ,Stanley Kubrick Archives, highlights the comprehensive study of director Stanley Kubrick's film and creative process. Includes a CD interview with Stanley Kubrick and a twelve-frame film strip from a 70mm print from 2001: A Space Odyssey.
An overview of Modern Art that traces the style with a year-by-year succession of the groundbreaking artworks that shook standards and broke down barriers. Introductory essays outline the most significant and influential movements alongside explanatory texts for each major work and its artist. • Taschen • Hardcover • 693 pages • Full color
This limited XXL edition of Taschen's Peter Beard features 200 pages of diaries, 294 pages of collages and 5 fold-outs. With an original essay by photo critic Owen Edwards. Numbered 1827 of 2500.
Hardcover book titled Michelangelo: Complete Works published in 2007 by Taschen, detailing the culmination of the Italian Renaissance artist's works in a large tabletop format. Includes box.